André Vassort was located at 34 Rue Sainte Anne where he registering his business and maker’s mark in December 1955. As a manufacturing jeweler he was the manufacturer behind retail companies Van Cleef & Arpels, Boucheron, and Mauboussin, amongst others. His workshop grew to be one of the largest in Paris though much of his jewelry was never marked even when for his own manufacture. Sometimes his mark appears alongside the signature of one of his famous client’s. When Louis Gérard left Van Cleef & Arpels to start his own company M. Gérard in 1968, he chose to use his former employer’s workshop to create his jewelry as the craftsmanship was unmatched. In the early 1990’s Vassort closed the shop.