Titoni Watches & Felca Watches
Titoni was founded in 1919 by Fritz Schluep In Grenchen, Switzerland with three staff members. Fritz worked hard and built the company expanding to 15 staff members the following year. By the 1920s Fritz was producing Art Deco stylized watches often with Felco on the dial. The company continued to grow and added Bruno Schluep, son of the founder and a master watchmaker trained at the technical college in Le Locle, in 1938. When the second world war broke out Titoni was ready and continued to focus on the precision, functionality, and reliability of their models which earned them an order from the US Army for 30,000 watches. The company continued to grow and rebranded as Titoni in 1952 yet often still used the Felca name well into the late 1950's. Fritz passed away in 1959 leaving the company to his son who continued to grow the company before passing the firm to his son Bruno in 1981 who has run it since.