Schmidt-Schaub & Co
Schmidt-Schaub & Co was started in part by Hermann Schmidt-Staub in Pforzheim, Germany. Hermann came from a family of goldsmiths and learned the techniques of the trade from his father, the court jeweler Gustav Schmidt-Staub (Karlsruhe). At a young age he decided to leave home and headed to Pforzheim to learn more about jewelry manufacturing where he joined W. Frey & Co. eventually becoming a partner in 1893. His history in jewelry, and savy business acumen brought the company much success and by 1918 he decided to sell the company. A few years later he founded his namesake brand Schmidt-Staub & Co. The business grew and dispite World War II effecting the initial growth by the end of the war and during the growth period after Hermann grew the company to be a very large manufacturer employing over 400 employees. The company's last known location was Lameystrabe 1 where it continued operation until 1982 when the companies registration disappeared from records.