Rowlands & Frazer
Rowlands & Frazer had a jewelry and silversmith shop on Regent Street in London. Little is known about their exact origins but in 1841 Christopher Rowlands & Son had a small shop located at 146 Regent Street. Here they operated as watchmakers, jewelers, and silversmiths. The company added partners and changed names during its tenancy on Regent Street and in 1860 finally became Rowlands & Frazer after the Rowland family was joined in business by Thomas Henry Frazer. Frazer registered the their makers marks in 1890. This was the same year they opened additional premises on Warwick Street just behind the Regent Street shop. The two shops and capable hands meant they could expand into diamonds and precious stones becoming both buyers and sellers. The firm continued operation until late 1905. This is when they closed their shops and decided to sell their inventory. The inventory went solely to Christie’s auction house in February the following year and was completely liquidated.