Raymond Templier (1891 – 1968) joined his family business in 1919. The family business was founded by his grandfather Charles Templier seventy years previously in 1849 at 15, rue de la Tixéranderie (now 66 rue de Rivoli). The company at the time was managed by his father Paul (1860 – 1948) since 1885 and exhibited at national and international exhibitions including in London, Buenos Aires, and San Francisco. In 1907 Paul replaced Louis Aucoc as President of the Chambre Syndicale de la Bijouterie et de la Joaillerie Orfevrerie a prestigious position. This inspired Raymond to attend the L’École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs at the Louvre which he graduated from in 1912. In 1915 he married Giussepina and they had a daughter Irene later that same year. He joined his father in the business in 1919 and began designing jewelry. Templier exhibited at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris where Raymond’s jewelry pushed the Art Moderne movement. The following year Marcel Percheron joined the firm as a designer and together they designed for many years. In 1935 Paul Templier retired and Raymond took control of the firm. He ran the business successfully until he retired in 1965. The following year he donated designs and pieces to the Musée des Arts Décoratifs exhibition ‘Les Années ’25’: Art Déco/Bauhaus/Stijl/Esprit Nouveau’.