Philippe Wolfers was the son Louis Wolfers who opened his business in Brussels in 1850. Phillipe studied at the Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts in Brussels before joining his father as an apprentice. He began to design silverware and jewelry in 1880 and worked in a Rococo-revivalist style. At the same time he traveled often to France and Germany and began to adopt the Art Nouveau style. In 1892 his father passed away and Philippe ran Wolfers. Two years later in 1894 he exhibited at the Exposition Universelle d’Anvers. In 1908 Philippe turned his attention from jewelry to sculpture. As he focused more on sculpture his son Marcel who had joined the firm as an apprentice in 1902 began to run the business. Philippe passed away in 1929.