Fratelli Petochi was established by brothers Alessandro and Giuseppe Petochi in Rome. In 1904 Prince Alessandro Torlonia invited them to take a salon space in the Palazzo Torlonia, a famed 16th-century townhouse in the heart of Rome thus changing their careers and establishing the name as a solid jewelry brand. This move meant they attracted Italian families like the Borghese, the Colonna, the Odescalchi, and the Pallavicini. They also attracted the House of Savoy, who granted Fratelli Petochi a royal warrant. The company grew quickly and more help was needed adding future generations of the Petochi family. Changes surrounding Italy such as World War II and the fall of the Italian Monarcy challenged the company however deep rooted connections helped the company sustain through. The namesake took hold again during the post war boom. Today Alberto Petochi is part of the sixth generation of Petochi Jewelry.