Netter-Herz & Heimerdinger
Netter-Herz & Heimerdinger was founded in 1843 by Julius Herz who started his career as a goldsmith in Schlierstein, Germany. The company was doign well as he learned the trade from family who worked as jewelers to a court in Germany previously. Bruno Netter (from Pforzheim, Germany) joined the company when he married Anna Herz in 1913. Shortly thereafter the name was changed and Netter was added as Bruno took over the business. Sometime around 1930 he moved the business to Wilhelmstrasse 38. Troubling times hit the business in the mid 1940s as the enviornment in Germany was changing. In the mid 1940s the business was looted first. Then later Nazi powers decided to “Aryanize” businesses in Germany and this forced employees of the family to emigrate to the US.