Jean-Baptiste Morabito founded Morabito in 1905 in Nice, France. They began by creating jeweled bags and cases and business grew so in 1921 they opened their first boutique on Rue Du Faugourg Saint Honore in Paris. Trunks, luggage, and other leather creations were added to their lines with jeweled handles. Armand Morabito took over the company by 1926 and tortoise shell and other materials such as elephant, deer, and crocodile began to be used alongside precious metals and gemstones. By 1957 the new store was opened at 1 place Vendome this when celebrities of the time began to find Morabito. By the 1960s Marilyn Monroe and others frequented the shop. By 1977 Jacques Morabito took over control of the company. The company continued to grow and by the 1990s they opened a boutique on Avenue Georges V in Paris. Then in 2007 Morabito moved the boutique to the rue Saint Honoré in Paris before celebrating 125 years in business in 2010.