Mellerio dits Meller
Millerio dits Meller is a French jewelry house founded in 1613 and may be the oldest family run jewelry company in Europe still in operation today. The company can trace its roots back to 1613 with the Mellerio family in Valle Vigezzo above Torino. With the support of loyal clients such as the Medici's (Marie mostly) Jean-Baptiste Mellerio began doing business in Versailles around 1777. The move to Versailles turned out to be a profitable one attracting French society and Queen Marie Antoinette as well. By 1796 Jean gained the business of Empress Josephine and shortly there after he moved to Paris. Moving again inside Paris in 1815 to 9 Rue De La Paix, the same location the company exists today and the same location he became the official jewelry supplier for the Queen and King Louis- Philippe. The business grew and in 1850 Jean opened a location in Madrid to supply Queen Isabella II. The company still is in business today with branches in Luxembourg and Japan.