Eugène Linzeler (1808-1888) a goldsmith, sculptor and engraver founded his business in Paris in 1840. Both his brothers had also established their own goldsmith workshops independent of each other. Eugène had worked previously with Joseph Legrand and had a working relationship with Chabrolli another jeweler. When Chabrolli's business went under, Linzeler was owed money, so in 1845 he took over the ex-Chabrolli shop at 11, Boulevard de la Madeleine and moved his own business into the premises. He was joined in the business in 1864 by his two eldest sons Eugène (1834-1898) and Frédéric (1836-1908) and they were followed by his two younger sons from his second marriage, Charles Albert who was known as Albert (1844-1907) and George (1853-1927). The brothers changed the name to Linzeler Frères and ran it before George and his brother Eugène took over most of the company. They were joined by Eugène’s son Ernest (1865-1940) and the business moved a few doors down in 1885 to number 15 Boulevard de la Madeleine. It operated there until it closed in 1889.