Lambert Brothers NYC was founded ins 1877 by August Lambert and his brother. The business did well and focused on high quality jewelry before Henry L. Lambert (1905 – 1983) joined the business. Shortly thereafter he took control of the company from his father and brother before he studied gemstone cutting and jewelry design in Amsterdam and then Paris. The retail storefront headquarters was located at 58th street and 3rd Avenue in New York and sold all types of fine jewelry from pearl strings, rings, bracelets, cufflinks, brooches, earrings, chains and necklaces, to cigarette cases and watches. They created their own pieces in all metals from gold and platinum to sterling silver. Traditionally, they stamped their pieces on the back with the name of the company and the purity of metal. The company did well and when Henry wanted to retire Zale Corporation of Dallas purchased Lambert Brothers Jewelers Inc. in 1977. Shortly thereafter Henry Lambert retired in 1978.