Kitching and Abud
Kitching & Abud was founded in 1824 at 14 Dover Street in London. Joseph Kitching had been in business on his own since 1817 but made the decision to form a partnership in 1824. In 1830 the business relocated to Conduit Street. Just seven years later they became jeweler to the Queen in 1837. Prince Albert even had them make a gift for his bride Queen Victoria. The partnership continued until 1853 when Kitching either left or retired and the firm became Abud & Collingwood, this would eventually be succeeded by Collingwood & Co. from 1870.