Jean Baptiste Noury
In 1827 Mr. Rocher established a jewelry workshop in the Rue Greneta in central Paris and the company survived for over 40 years until it was taken over in 1869 by Jean Baptiste Noury who became a business partner to Rocher early on. Four years later Noury exhibited at the World Fair in Vienna and again at the Paris ‘Exposition Universelle’ in 1878 just two years after Noury’s nephew Georges Mauboussin joined the firm as an apprentice. Later Mauboussin went to complete an internship with Debacq before returning to business. Then in 1883, shortly there after, he took over the management of the workshop at 21. Mauboussin finally bought the company in 1898.