Hippolyte Téterger trained with Robin Pere at his goldsmith shop in Paris, France. At the time Hippolyte and his brother Eugene both were learning the trade in Paris around 1850 or so. After training with Robin Pere Hippolyte and his brother decided to open their own shop on Rue Richelieu at number 84 where they worked as partners for some time. Later he separated from his brother and opened a new shop at 15 Rue Neuve-des-Petits-Champs. The business grew and his son Henri joined the business before Hippolyte retired sometime around 1862 or so. The business continued well into the 1890's yet we are unsure of the outcome.