Charles Frederick Hancock established his firm on the corner of Bond Street and Bruton Street in 1849. Dealing in jewelry, silver and even gemstones. C.F. Hancocks quickly was granted a Royal Warrant by Queen Victoria. By the early 1870’s C.F. Hancock had retired leaving the company to his two sons as well as his business partners H. Stewart and H.J. Dore. The latter of these men and the two successive generations of his family guided Hancock’s through the last decades of the 19th Century and into the 20th.