Carlo Giuliano (1831-1895) came to London in 1860. He likely trained under, and worked for Castellani in Rome. In London he set up a workshop to manufacture at 13 Frith Street in Soho. It is believed that he did so in collaboration with Castellani to expand the branch however there are not known documents stating the specific arrangement. His wife Angelina and two sons Carlo Joseph and Arthur Alphonse all are known to have occupied the premises at Frith Street. Giuliano retailed his jewels through a number of jewelers such as Robert Phillips, C.F. Hancock and Hunt & Roskell. In 1874 he opened his own retail location at 115 Piccadilly. The shop also took on Neapolitan Pasquale Novissimo as the firm’s chief designer. He worked for the company for forty years and designed an array of pieces, frequently presenting paintings of the pieces to clients. The Frith Street workshop closed in 1877 and all production moved to the Piccadilly premises. Queen Victoria even gave a piece of Guilliano's pieces to her goddaughter Victoria Grey on the occasion of her marriage in 1877. Giuliano passed away in his home in Maida Vale in 1895. The business was left jointly to his two sons Carlo and Arthur who he had ensured were trained and capable of continuing the Giuliano name. His will even detailed the clients to whom he credited his success and his wish that they each be gifted a small jewel from his stock as a token of his appreciation. The business was renamed Carlo & Arthur Giuliano and the brothers continued to operate from the Piccadilly premises. In 1912 they moved to 48 Knightsbridge but just two years later, after the tragic suicide of Arthur in August 1914, the shop closed its doors.