Georland was founded in Paris by Georges Richard and Roland Bouder in 1954. They created entire collections for a variety of famous jewelers throughout Paris. In 1958 they opened a second workshop in New York. During the 1960’s and 70’s the business expanded through Europe with commissions coming from Geneva and the United Kingdom. Their reputation even spread to the Middle and Far East. Henry Marteau took over the shop and made things as extravagant as gold chandeliers for wealthy clients. During the 1990’s Henry’s sons Stéphane and Jean-Gabriel joined the company. The third generation joined, Romain moved to the States to run the New York shop and his brothers as well as his cousin. Axel, Clément, and Jean-Jérome worked alongside their fathers in Paris.