Elizabeth Gage was born in 1937 and studied design at London’s Chelsea School of Art and at Sir John Cass College. She trained as a goldsmith and shortly after (just six years) she received a commission to design a collection for Cartier in New York, in 1968. From this she set up her own business and opened a boutique in central London. In 1984 she opened a West End showroom in Albemarle Street and in 1989 was awarded the Queen’s Award for Export Achievement. In 2013, the Victoria & Albert Museum acquired two pieces of Gage’s jewelry as part of its permanent collection. Gage moved premises later in 2013 to Belgravia where she set up her design studio, offices, and showroom together in one space.