Dusausoy exhibited at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs in Paris, winning themselves a coveted Grand Prix. They were founded in 1840 and applied for their first maker’s mark in 1889 when Paul Jules Dusausoy registered his business at 15 rue Beaurepaire. He specialized in the buying and selling of antique jewelry, precious metals, and gemstones. He was also creating jewelry in the Art Nouveau style which was superseded by beautiful diamond and platinum Belle Époque styles in 1900 or so. Paul’s son Justin joined the business and registered his own mark in 1912 and the firm moved to 41 Boulevard des Capucines. Justin’s son Jean joined his father in the business and with the designer Madelaine Chazel, they created a highly impressive collection of deco jewelry which they presented at the Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs in 1925. Jean’s sister Janine joined the business as a designer and throughout the 1930’s and 40’s was the creative drive of the business. After many successful years the firm finally closed in 1970.