C.H. Meylan was founded in 1878 in Le Brassus Switzerland by Charles-Henri Meylan. CH Meylan became a highly esteemed and eminent watchmaker who worked in both Switzerland and America over time. He began by manufacturing his own line of watches under the name C. H. Meylan and then began collaborating with the American Waltham Watch Co. Meylan's business continued to flourish and he began working on creating new designs. By the time he passed he held three American patents which protected his innovative repeater designs which were used in the rare Waltham repeaters. His designs were so innovative that he created an ultra rare repeater which may very well be the smallest in existence from the 1890 time period.