Carvin French was founded in 1954 in New York by Andre Chervin and Serge Carponcy. Chervin learned jewelry through an apprenticeship in France which is also where he met Serge who was training under some of the French masters of the time. The two left France and moved to New York. Together they worked at Louis Feron another manufacturing jeweler in New York City. They were classical in French training with skills in enameling and fine finish work which was rare at the time in The States and their popularity grew. As a manufacturing jewelry they produced hand-made jewelry with the best materials available. Doing so brands such as Verdura, Donald Clafin, R. Esmerian, Inc. and Raymond Yard took noticed and began to use their services. Eventually they diversified into lapidary work which was used by Claflin and Angela Cummings of Tiffany & Co. Serge retired in 1983 and Andre Chervin and his nephew Sylvain Chervin run the business along with Sylvain Chervin.