Arnold & Son
John Arnold was born in 1736 in England. He began as a watchmaker and inventor however the first evidence of his namesake dates to 1764 which first started in his workshop in 1762. This was the same year he met William McGuire for whom he repaired a repeating watch. McGuire was impressed by Arnold’s skills and wanted to help Arnold by giving him a loan to set up in business as a watchmaker at Devereux Court, Strand, London. Business was doing well and in 1787 Johns son Roger joined the company and the name was officially Arnold & Son. Together they collaborated until John passed in 1799. The business was doing well and Roger took on John Dent as a partner in 1830 which lasted until 1840. In 1843 Roger passed and Charles Frodsham (1810–1871), a renowned English watch and clock maker, took over Arnold & Son. He decided to rename it Arnold & Frodsham Chronometer Makers and in 1884 the firm became Charles Frodsham & Co. The company name seemed to disappear from history for a while until 1995, when the brand was relaunched in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The company began to make high quality watches and business grew. In 2012 Citizen watches look interest in the company and purchased it not long after that year.