Angela Cummings was born in Klagenfurt, Austria in 1944. She was raised in America when she moved at three years old after re-locating with her family in 1947. She studied art in Italy and jewelry in Germany, graduating from Zeichenakademie with a degree in goldsmithing and gemology. She moved to New York and joined Tiffany & Co in 1968. There she was working under the guidance of Donald Claflin for several years before launching her first collection under her name in 1975. She remained with Tiffany until 1984. In 1984 she launched her own business in partnership with her husband Bruce Cummings. He was a gemologist who had also worked for Tiffany. She opened ‘Angela Cummings Fine Jewelry Boutique’ at Bergdorf Goodman on Fifth Avenue. With that she soon opened in Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. She retired in 2003 and closed her business and all boutiques, moving to Utah with her family. Ten years later she was back into jewelry to create a collection in collaboration with pearl specialists Assael.