Allsop Brothers was started in Newark, NJ in 1884 using a trademarked A with a star next to it. The company was founded by Henry Allsop in 1885 officially who was a jeweler who partnered with his brother George Allsop in 1891 hence changing the name in 1894. Ad the company grew they built a new building located at 26 Camp Street. and George took control in 1922 taking over the firm Bliss as well. In 1929 George moved the company to the finished Camp street location. In 1937 under the leadership of Edward Allsop the two firms merged created Allsop-Bliss. The merger was successful as Bliss had craftsmanship in platinum where Allsop specialized in 10 and 14 karat golds. Then in 1938 they added again with Arthurt Steller opening at 81 Warren Street in Newark. The firm operated very successfully and in 1956 Krementz purchased the company under their name Krementz & Co.