Coleman Adler started in jewelry in 1898 in a two-story shop on Royal Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. In 1902, the store moved to 810 Canal Street. The store continued to grow and began to work with other jewelers and brands. Over the years the reputation for carrying higher end pieces became known as well as their craftsmanship being commissioned to create pieces for the state of Louisiana as well as the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The company grew and in 1909 moved again to 724 Canal opening a three story location . The second generation began to take control in 1932 when Colemans two sons joined the company and changed the name to Coleman E Adler and Sons. They continued to work with some of the larger brands in the United States like Oscar Heyman and Tiffany and company. The third generation began to run the business and the forth generation seems to be in line to continue the tradition.