Robert Linzeler was the grandson of Eugène Linzeler who had founded his business in Paris in 1840. Robert’s father Frédéric had worked for his fathers business. Robert however, decided to set up on his own and in 1897 at just 25 years old. He bought the business of Jules Piault from Piault’s successors Leroy & Co. At the time situated at 68 rue de Turbigo, Piault had been gold and silversmith to Napoleon III. Linzeler registered his business in April of 1897. He kept the crown mark of Piault but substituting his own initials within the punch. He exhibited at the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris. In 1910 he partnered with designer Paul Iribe who designed jewelry and Linzeler crafted. Linzeler was a supplier for many retailers such as Cartier. He opened a second workshop at 9 rue d’Argenson and in 1920 and even opened a shop at number 4, rue de la Paix. This is when Marchak and Linzeler established their partnership in 1922 called Linzeler et Marchak. After the partnership ended, Marchak took over the rue de la Paix premises and Linzeler continued to run his business from the other locations. Cartier remained a client until they finally bought the business from him shortly before the outbreak of World War II and Linzeler passed away in 1941.