Lorenzo Marzo was of Spanish origin who worked for his uncle’s silversmithing business in Madrid before moving to Paris where he established his own jewelry shop under his name, Marzo. The maker’s mark was registered on July 6th 1901 and he set up shop at 207, rue Saint-Honoré later moving to 22 Rue de la Paix. He also opened stores in Biarritz and Madrid. His firm exhibited at the 1925 L’Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris where he won a Grand Prix. In 1927 Lorenzo was awarded the Légion d’honneur however he passed away just two years later in 1929. This is when his son Rafael assumed control of the business.