H Moser & Cie
Heinrich Moser was born in Schaffhausen into a family of watchmakers and learned the trade with his family before moving to Saint Petersburg. There he founded H. Moser & Cie. in 1828. The company did well attracting Russian Royalty and the Imperial Court. The company grew until Moser passed and the company moved out of Russia to Switzerland in 1953. There business grew dramatically and a factory was built which eventually employed several hundred artisans in Switzerland to craft watches. These watches ranged from basic three hand timepieces to grand complications. In the mid 1970's and 1980s the quartz crisis hit the watch world and H. Moser & Cie became a part of the Dixi Mechanique Group. At this time the original brand name was dropped until in 2002, Moser Schaffhausen AG was founded. It was founded by Dr. Jürgen Lange with Heinrich Moser's great-grandson Roger Nicholas Balsiger under the name H. Moser & Cie. It was formally re-launched in 2005 and the brand continued to grow until in 2012 it became a subsidiary of MELB Holding Group of the Meylan family in Switzerland.