Carrington & Co
Carrington was named after its founder John Bodman Carrington who established a jewelry manufacturing business at 130 Regent Street in London. After years in sterling flatware and the like Carrington advertised himself in the 1890s as a jeweler, diamond dealer, dealers in precious stones as well as manufacturing silversmiths. At this time his partners were William Carrington Smith and George Bruford. In 1893 they created the famous Dorset bow brooch for Queen Mary and in 1911 they set the famous Cullinan diamonds numbers III and IV into a brooch and pendant for her. In 1903 John Carrington became Prime Warden of the Goldsmiths’ Company and retired from his business just three years later in 1906 leaving W.C. Smith to continue as sole remaining partner. Carrington even co-authored a book ‘The Plate of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths’ and it was published just before his death in 1926. The firm was converted into a limited liability company in 1922 and was eventually bought out by the firm Collingwood.